Skip to main content

Müller’s Mystery


Müller’s Mystery

Part I


It all started three weeks before Pavo Day...

Leaves were scattered all along Maple Tree Lane. The wind smelled like burnt firewood. Clouds were building up on the dark horizon. A slow and steady step echoed down the halls of Mason Manor. A Shadow creeped along the walls. Slowly making its way towards the basement the Shadow creeped slowly and cautiously. With a bolt towards the door the shadow entered the dark basement, and with lightning speed it made its way out unnoticed by humanity with a large black rustling bag.

The Shadow was unaware of two dancing and twinkling eyes spying through a half-closed door.

Inside the parlor of Mason Manor sat Mr. Müller slowly rocking back and forth in his rocking chair. A long white shawl served as a blanket as he slowly read the paper he was holding. Impatiently he rubbed his forehead and adjusted his silver spectacles. There was no doubt about it. Great Mr. Müller (Mr. Müller’s father) had made this his last and final will. After 50 years of being lost it had been discovered. The contents where unmistakeable. There was no doubt about it. As plain as ink the will stated that all possessions of the deceased would be passed down to... But no! Impossible. Mr. Müller paced up and down the room dropping the will on a nearby table. He refused to believe it. His grandfather would never pass down his precious possessions to Him! Impossible. Careless, irresponsible, what was Father thinking when he wrote this will. Never! In all his years Mr. Müller had never seen anything so scandalous. To give your possessions to someone so reckless was unthinkable. Father knew this. Then why, pray, had he written this down. No! Whatever it might take, Mr. Müller was determined to get to the bottom of this. His father was a sane man when he left the world behind. And never in a million year would a sane man do something so outrageous.

On the second floor Master Jackson was reading a book on History when Miss Lindsey entered and interrupted his quiet study.

“Did you hear?” She asked her brother.

“Hear what?” Jack said uninterested.

“Why, about Great Grandfather’s will.”

“What about it?” He asked, turning from his book.

“Everything’s going to Uncle Theodore, you know. And Grandfather is so outraged. Knowing how reckless he is. Grandfather claims it’s a mistake. Great Grandpa never liked Uncle Theodore they say. So it mustn’t be right. You know what I think?” Here Miss Lindsey stopped for a breath, “I think the will got swapped.”

Jack looked at his ten hear old sister. “What makes you think that?” He asked.

“Well the writing is different and-“


“What?” Jack interrupted. “Grandfather never let anybody see the will, how do you know?”

“I only took a peek when he left the parlor.” Lindsey said, “Anyway, the writing is different. And you’ll never guess what.”

Jack rolled his eyes. “What?”

“Before they read the will last Tuesday I saw someone in the basement.” She said in a whisper.

“So what?” Jack asked exasperated.

“Don’t you know anything?” She said, “Grandfather kept the will in his safe in the basement that night, I saw him put it in. After he left he closed the door. Anyway, I went to the cellar for some jelly for Martha who made bread that night for supper. I was coming out when I heard a noise and peeked around the door. And you wouldn’t guess what I saw!”

“What?” Jack asked still in disbelief.

“I saw a man carrying a bag coming out of the basement.” Lindsey’s eyes glowed.

“Can you think of anything the man might’ve been stealing?” Jack asked interested.

“It sounded like papers shuffling.”

“Did you recognize him?” Jack asked starting to get an idea.

Lindsey nodded solemnly

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slime Time!

Yep, the slime frenzy finally hit me. You can stretch it, you can tear it, and put it all together again. How addictive is this thing? I love slime. And after you make it, so will you. Here is one of the most simple and effective recipes: 1 Cup of warm water 1 Tsp borax 1 Bottle of Elmer’s glue Food coloring (optional) Ok, so the first thing you want to do is mix the warm water and borax until the borax is completely dissolved. Then set it aside. Next, pour out your Elmer’s glue and add the food coloring. Little by little, add your activator, but make sure you don’t add too much of the borax solution or else your slime won’t be as stretchy and flexible. The more you play with your slime the more manageable it will become. If it feels too sticky, add more of your solution. That’s how easy it is to make slime! If you want, at this point, you can add glitter to your slime. Be creative and go wild! I do recommend you use Elmers’s glue because other glues are not as stretchy. And a

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog. Please sit back and feel comfortable as I show you around. To start with, I love reading and drinking tea! As C.S. Lewis said: "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." That's me! I'm currently obsessed with tea! It's so yummy, especially on a cold and rainy day. So, now you know about me, let's get to the reason you're sitting back comfortably and I'm showing you around. As I said earlier, I love reading. Last year I read 109 books! (I know, I'm crazy.) This year I've read 82 books so far. Not doing too bad am I? I hope I can at least read 120 books this year, that is, if I don't run out of money first. Do you spend all your money on books? I do. I shouldn't, but I do. Anyway, on this blog I plan to talk about books I've read, things I've baked, things I've done, and last but not least, my reading experience and what I like and dislike about books. So make sure y

Simple Cocoa Recipe

Hi guys! Right now I'm having a lazy Monday. How about you? I should really start practicing my piano, but what can I say? I'm joining the procrastinators of the world! Anyway, since its foggy and rainy by my house today, I thought I would share my hot cocoa recipe. It's a simple, yet delicious recipe. Hope you enjoy it! Have a cozy day. Simple Cocoa 3 Heaping teaspoons of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa 3/4 Cup sugar 4 Cups milk 1/2 Cup additional milk to mix in. Mix cocoa and sugar with 1/2 cup additional milk. Add to milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Serve and enjoy! (Don't burn your tongue!) Anna