Skip to main content

Müller’s Mystery

Müller’s Mystery
Part II


The night was dark and cold as the wind rustled outside the windows. Jack had a feeling this was a bad idea. How did Lindsey ever succeed in making him do this kind of stuff? Her plan was to sneak the will out of the parlor and compare the writing with Great Grandfather’s writing. Then she would be able to prove that someone had swapped the will.

Jack had been waiting in the dark hallway for hours it seemed. Grandfather was still in the parlor. He could hear him pace around the carpet. It was pointless. Jack was tired. If he stood there another minute he would fall asleep and get caught in the morning. Feeling miserable he was about to turn away when heard steps behind him. He froze in place. The steps where heading down into the basement. Quickly he followed soundlessly. A door squeaked ever so softly. As Jack reached the head of the stairway he saw a shadow creeping along the steps. Suddenly the shadow pulled out a Key and opened the door to Grandfather’s study. Carefully Jack crept down and peeked into the dark room. He could barely make out the shadow as it opened Grandfather’s safe and put in a pile of papers.

Why did he do that? Jack wondered. If he had been a burglar, he would’ve taken papers out of the safe. Not put things in. Jack quickly hid in the shadows as the stranger came out of the study locking it as he went. Jack creeped out of the shadows bewildered. Whoever this man was, he had a key to the house and he knew when everyone would be asleep. If what Lindsey had said was right, then this man was either stealing for Uncle Theodore or he was Uncle Theodore. Things where getting weirder by the minute.

Jack went back upstairs like a ghost and quietly entered Lindsey’s room. Just like he thought, she was wide awake waiting for him. 

“Well?” She asked in a whisper. “Did you find the will?”

“No, Grandpa was in the parlor. While I was waiting for him to leave I saw someone go into the study. Whoever it was put a lot of papers in Grandpa’s safe, he had the key.”

“I knew something was up.” Lindsey said excitedly as she crept out of bed. “I bet Uncle Theodore just wants the money so badly he will likely do anything to get it.”

“But we don’t know for sure that it was Uncle Theodore who stole the true will.” Jack said.

“But I saw him sneaking out of the basement. I know it has to be him. After all, nobody likes him.”

“But how are we ever going to prove it?”

“We have to find the real will.” Lindsey said in a mysterious whisper.

“The real will?”

“Of course. They said they had finally found it after 50 years. But maybe they only found the false will. Who knows? The real will might still be lost.”

Jack snapped his fingers. “Capital idea, Lin. We have got to find it before Uncle Theodore gets his hands on the money.”

“We only have until next week. The lawyer will be coming then.” Lindsey said.


“We’ll find it.” Jackson said confidently. “I have a feeling I know just where to start looking.” There was a far-away look in his eyes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Slime Time!

Yep, the slime frenzy finally hit me. You can stretch it, you can tear it, and put it all together again. How addictive is this thing? I love slime. And after you make it, so will you. Here is one of the most simple and effective recipes: 1 Cup of warm water 1 Tsp borax 1 Bottle of Elmer’s glue Food coloring (optional) Ok, so the first thing you want to do is mix the warm water and borax until the borax is completely dissolved. Then set it aside. Next, pour out your Elmer’s glue and add the food coloring. Little by little, add your activator, but make sure you don’t add too much of the borax solution or else your slime won’t be as stretchy and flexible. The more you play with your slime the more manageable it will become. If it feels too sticky, add more of your solution. That’s how easy it is to make slime! If you want, at this point, you can add glitter to your slime. Be creative and go wild! I do recommend you use Elmers’s glue because other glues are not as stretchy. And a

Welcome!

Hi! Welcome to my blog. Please sit back and feel comfortable as I show you around. To start with, I love reading and drinking tea! As C.S. Lewis said: "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." That's me! I'm currently obsessed with tea! It's so yummy, especially on a cold and rainy day. So, now you know about me, let's get to the reason you're sitting back comfortably and I'm showing you around. As I said earlier, I love reading. Last year I read 109 books! (I know, I'm crazy.) This year I've read 82 books so far. Not doing too bad am I? I hope I can at least read 120 books this year, that is, if I don't run out of money first. Do you spend all your money on books? I do. I shouldn't, but I do. Anyway, on this blog I plan to talk about books I've read, things I've baked, things I've done, and last but not least, my reading experience and what I like and dislike about books. So make sure y

Simple Cocoa Recipe

Hi guys! Right now I'm having a lazy Monday. How about you? I should really start practicing my piano, but what can I say? I'm joining the procrastinators of the world! Anyway, since its foggy and rainy by my house today, I thought I would share my hot cocoa recipe. It's a simple, yet delicious recipe. Hope you enjoy it! Have a cozy day. Simple Cocoa 3 Heaping teaspoons of Hershey's unsweetened cocoa 3/4 Cup sugar 4 Cups milk 1/2 Cup additional milk to mix in. Mix cocoa and sugar with 1/2 cup additional milk. Add to milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Serve and enjoy! (Don't burn your tongue!) Anna